The Week 4 Hump

Well, I am doing well. My pain level is practically nil and I can do all of my exercises with relative ease. Here is the issue - BOREDOM. My god, I am bored. A word of warning - be prepared my pre-op readers. Week 4 is one of the hardest weeks. Your energy is coming back, your pain level is diminishing, but you still can't walk.

On a considerably happier note, here are things that week 4 brought me:

1. no more scabby incision. I am now pretty in pink. (picture forthcoming)

2. no more potty chair as high toilet seat. I never thought I'd be so happy to sit on a regular toilet seat! The luxury of it all, it's so roomy.

3. I can shower standing up (with the walker). I can swim. All thing water related are go!

4. I can sit on the couch. Actually, I can lay on the couch. Either way, it's a lot better than staying in that bloody recliner that I've been living in for the past 4 weeks.

5. I went out to eat in a restaurant for lunch! Exciting, the little things...

6. Finally, I can wear regular clothes. Which is good, b/c I had been living in my workout gear (yoga pants and tee shirts). There was something really cruel about always looking like I was going out for a jog when I could barely get to the bathroom. The irony was killing me. I still primarily wear the workout gear, but its nice to know I don't have to anymore. I am all about options.

That's all for now. My camera is dead and I am out of batteries, otherwise, I would have a scar picture to post. Maybe tomorrow. I think my calendar is clear, although there is that marathon I was planning on running....

Popular posts from this blog

What is a Hip Arthrogram MRI?

Wow - Two Years?

6 Months Post-Op