Sunday, December 03, 2006

6 Months Post-Op

Well, it's been 6 months since my RPAO. Here's the update:

I can now walk MILES at a time.
My right side is still sore and feels kind of bruised.
I have partial numbness over the entire front and side of my right hip, but this is way better than immediately post-op when I had total numbness in a large percentage of the area.
My left side is still giving me trouble, but only very sporadically.
In the last few weeks, my right side has also given me a bit of trouble, but not very often and not for very long.
I STILL can't sleep on my right side with making the bruised feeling more intense.
BTW, I have 5 screws in the right hip and my surgeon gives me funny looks when I ask about screw removal.
I feel fairly certain that I will have to do the left side as well, but hopefully its not for at least a few years.

That's about it. There's really nothing else to say. I absolutely advocate the surgery. I have no regrets about it. you can e-mail me with any questions at itsalikelystoryATgmailDOTcom.

Later.

5 comments:

  1. Kristine4:26 PM

    I've been reading your blog for about 2 months. I had my RPAO on November 6, 2006 with Dr. Stover in Chicago. I was so nervous and anxious beforehand that it would make me physically sick. I don't ever regret having the surgery but it sure was more painful that I ever imagined. It's nice to read your thoughts and experiences because they are very similar to mine. I hope your "new bad hip" isn't giving you too much trouble. I too found out that I have a "new bad hip". I have approximately 4 more weeks of using my crutches and I am so ready !! Good luck and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:16 PM

    Hello, I am happy to have found this site, I am 6 weeks PAO post op. It has been an odd process for me as it seems to be a fairly rare procedure, so everyone compares it to a hip replacement, which is not the case at all. If one more person tells me "oh, you'll be fine, my grandpa had his hip replaced and he was running around in 2 weeks" I will choke someone. I was alsi happy to see a link to my surgeons web site here (Dr. Stephen Murphy) It is exciting to see that you are feeling so well at 6 months, being only 6 weeks it seems like I really have a long way to go. I can't wait to get rid of these crutches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58 AM

    Hello, I'm a legal resident from texas, what are the chances to get covered by insurance?, I recently (1 year ago) discover that I have hip dysplacia, can anyone give me a hint of what to do?
    My email: reynosa@tamaulipa.com

    Hope you believe me and have the will to help me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:05 AM

    My email: reynosa@tamaulipas.com
    Please se previous message

    ReplyDelete
  5. The article is well explained. Well written, sometime doctors acts like screwed. 5 screw in hip is making me screwed. How?

    ReplyDelete

Hi Guys. I don't really check this much anymore. You are welcome to comment though, I just can't always promise you a personal response. I do hope this blog has helped though!