A Few Relatively Major Improvements This Weekend

It took me 6 weeks, but I can now do a few new things.

1. When getting into a car, I can now lift my op leg in without using my hands. The leg finally moves on its own!

2. When lying flat on my back, I can do leg lifts with my op leg.

3. I can finally sleep on my side, just not the regular way. I don't put the pillow between my legs, as suggested. When laying on my back, I put the pillow on the outside of the non-op leg. Then I roll over and rest my op leg on the pillow. It feels really, really good.

Remember, when you have this surgery, live for the little things. You'll see improvement everyday at first, then later on, when you least expect it. Yesterday I was hobbling into the car when I just lifted my leg in. I couldn't do it the day before. Same with the leg lifts. Weird. Welcome, but weird!

Popular posts from this blog

What is a Hip Arthrogram MRI?

Wow - Two Years?

Hypermobility Syndrome Anyone?