Swelling Issues

So I've had some swelling. Monday I had a substitute PT person b/c my regular PT guy was out sick. We think she pushed me a bit too hard b/c by Monday evening the top half of my incision site was swollen. I wasn't in real pain over it, it was just a bit disconcerting. All day yesterday I took it easy and we kept icing it down but it just wouldn't go away. Today it is still a bit swollen, but not as bad. My regular PT guy will be here at noon, so we'll see what he has to say.

This is interesting though. While I was doing the PT on Monday, I wasn't in real pain, but remember, I am still on some pain medicine. So how does one regulate the difficulty level of activity when our natural pain responses are muffled by pain meds?

Hmmm....not a bad thing or a good thing. Just food for thought.

Popular posts from this blog

What is a Hip Arthrogram MRI?

Wow - Two Years?

Hypermobility Syndrome Anyone?