Completely Off Of Pain Killers

So, on Friday I left my doctor's office with a prescription for Hydrocodone (Vicodin) and that got me thinking. I have no concept of what my "baseline" pain really is. I have been in various states of medication since surgery, so how do I even know if I need the pain killers anymore? With this in mind, I decided to discontinue all pain medication. Its been a few days and my pain level is almost exactly the same as it was on the oxy-contin. I am a bit headache-y and a bit grumpy but that is most likely from discontinuing the oxy-contin "cold-turkey". Otherwise, I feel pretty good.

The only real difference is that I am no longer sleeping through the night. This is a real bummer. The first night I woke up at 11:30, 1:30, 3:30 and 6:00 - yuck. Last night I woke up at 11:30, 1:30 and 3:30 - yuck, but better. Maybe tonight I'll only wake up at 11:30 and 1:30. That wouldn't be so bad. And I have taken myself off of the potty chair at night. The bathroom isn't too far and I did make it just fine, even though I was loud enough to wake up poor Josh.

I am great at getting around on the walker, but I do bang it around quite a bit! I have to get better on the crutches. So far, I'm not awesome on them and the walker just feels so much more stable.

Popular posts from this blog

What is a Hip Arthrogram MRI?

I'm Back from the Hospital

6 Months Post-Op