2 weeks and counting

2 WEEKS AND COUNTING!! Holy Crap people! OK, freak out over. On to more useful topics.

I just received a call from the hospital reminding me to bring 250$ with me as my hospital co-pay. That's it though. There's been no talk of pre-surgical testing. I asked about pre-surgical testing and was informed that we did all of that already at my last appointment with the good doctor. Now, I always imagined pre-surgical testing involved drawing blood or something.

I am not to donate blood. I asked if I could, and I was told NO - believe it or not. The explanation given me was: There are just as many errors when you are supplying your own blood as when you use blood bank blood, therefore, there is no need to weaken yourself. Also, people tend to require more blood after they have donated blood. Hmmm......Logically, I can certainly follow the argument but I would sure feel a lot better if I could just donate the blood already.

The other weird thing is the incision. All of the PAO's I've heard about and read about had the scar running down the hip, parallel to the line of the leg. I have been told that my incision will run across the hip, perpendicular to the leg. Has anyone else had this or heard of this??

Now I know, I am hyper-educated about this surgery and what to expect. That comes from me being crazy and my incessant reading of the HipWomen posts. I would just feel better if this surgery followed the others I've read about. Maybe it's just nerves.

Popular posts from this blog

What is a Hip Arthrogram MRI?

Wow - Two Years?

Hypermobility Syndrome Anyone?