A Public Account of Adult Hip Dysplasia and Peri-Acetabular Osteotomy.
Scar Picture - Day 81
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Updated Scar picture for you. I don't really see a difference. I have been applying Palmer's Scar Serum. It has Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter and the same active ingredient as Mederma.
So, you're been diagnosed with hip dysplasia and they send you off to get a "Hip Arthrogram MRI". This recently happened to me. No one told me what to expect. Here's the deal. I was sent to a hospital for this procedure. The arthrogram comes first, the MRI second. If you're claustrophobic, you might want to consider a sedative for the MRI portion of this event. First, the arthrogram. Basically, in a hip arthrogram, they will stick a needle in your hip and inject dye. First, I was stripped and put in a hospital gown. Then I had to lie down on a big table with an x-ray machine lookin' thing above it. Then, my joint was marked with a marker and the whole area was liberally painted with betadine. Your knickers will be destroyed ladies, betadine stains. Then, an anesthetic was injected into my hip area. This just pinches a little. While the anesthetic takes effect, they will mix up a little dye/lidocaine cocktail to inject into the hip joint. This injec...
So its been a while since my last post. I thought I'd share what's been going on. I finished culinary school. I worked for about a year as a part time pastry cook (full time was too hard on the hips). After a year I realized that my hips were going to break and crumble into dust, or so it felt, if I continued with the pastry work. And after some swallowing of pride and bitter pills (figuratively, of course), I decided to do some searching and find another avenue, career, path, etc. In May I finished my first semester of grad school for my Masters of Library and Information Science. Library work has always been something that interested me and you can't walk in our house for books, so it seemed a natural fit. I love it. I even started volunteering at the local library 2 days a week. But the hips kept getting worse, especially in the last 6 months or so. Oh, and I've lost my health insurance again! I will be getting it back in the fall through school, but it will...
Well Surgery is in 2 days and I am strangely calm. I started listening to Health Journeys, "A Meditation To Promote Successful Surgery" and I have found it quite calming. I've only listened to it twice but I do feel calmer and more ready. Its a bit new agey, but hey, I'm getting my hip chopped open, I'll take what I can get. Try it. This is what the cover looks like. I think I'm ready. Although on the day, Thursday, I am sure I'll be freaked. I hope to post tomorrow with all of the details. After that, Josh should be updating on how the surgery went, etc.